WDACS New Workforce Website + Centralized Resource Hub for Older Adults in LA County
NEW Workforce Website
Check out our new look!
The Los Angeles County Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS) is pleased to announce the launch of a new website that links jobseekers and businesses to free workforce development services available through the County’s network of America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC).
AJCCs offer jobseekers employment services, internships, apprenticeships, supportive services, and more, focusing on youth and adults with barriers to employment. AJCCs provide businesses with access to subsidized wages, upskilling, tax credits, and more, with a focus on growing industry sectors and occupations.
This newly designed AJCC website includes:
- Mobile-Friendly Interface – The user-friendly mobile interface allows visitors to efficiently find information regarding available services.
- Digital AJCC Locator Map – The digital AJCC locator map allows visitors to easily locate their nearest AJCC office and contact details.
- Service Request Form – The service request form allows job seekers and businesses to submit online requests for assistance from their local AJCCs.
The Los Angeles County Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS), in collaboration with 18 other County departments and agencies, is pleased to announce a new centralized resource hub for older adults, linking residents to 120+ unique senior services available throughout L.A. County, including:
- Emergency Preparedness – Find your closest cooling center, request free sandbags, and sign up for your local emergency notification system.
- Health and Wellness – Find available health services, including mental health, protective, supportive, and physical fitness services.
- Nutrition Services – Find your local Community and Senior Center, nearest food bank, and financial food subsidies.
- Financial Support; Housing; Assistance Resolving Legal Disputes; Social, Community, and Recreation Services; Transportation; and COVID-19 Vaccination Information.
The comprehensive resource hub located at www.lacounty.gov/residents/
At WDACS, we are focused on creating age-friendly communities. With this comprehensive resource hub, older adults in LA County can continue to grow, succeed, and thrive.
|Click Here to Visit the Seniors & Older Adults Resource Hub!|