The Venice Design Series 2021
THE 2021 VENICE DESIGN SERIES
AN ARTFULLY CURATED LOOK AT ARCHITECTURE, ART AND DESIGN IN LOS ANGELES
The 7th Annual Venice Design Series offers four special and safe events showcasing the talents and artistic vision found in Los Angeles’ unique neighborhoods. The 2021 Series will offer three private outdoor experiences that will focus on outdoor art installations, urban farms and the garden of celebrated landscape designers. …And a very special Mother’s Day luncheon at the home of Jay Griffith in Hancock Park.
Take a look at the events
Your donations are welcome and necessary! Donations support the exciting, ongoing mission of Venice Community Housing (VCH) to create new housing and offer crucial programs as well as provide immediate and urgently needed support to VCH’s 500+ tenants who are hard hit and at risk during this difficult time. For details on pending developments, please visit www.VCHcorp.org.
Thank you for your support.
Make a donation to VCH here.
- Join us for a day of green gallivanting with top landscape designers including Pamela Burton & Company, Stefan Hammerschmidt, David Godshall of Terremoto and Margaret Griffin of Griffin Enright Architects. We’ll visit exquisite private gardens, landscape restorations and a public park, learning how smart planting points the way to a sustainable future.
- This tour visits several urban farms where we will explore a deeper engagement with nature and the transformative farm-to-table movement. We will see, feel, smell, and, of course, taste the bounty of farms while learning about sustainable agriculture and how urban farms help combat food insecurity and promote health and wellness.
- Check out this article on 7 of LA’s finest urban farmers
- Join art collector/consultant Cecilia Dan and art collector Marla Michaels as they lead a uniquely curated excursion. Los Angeles as a center of art production draws artists from all corners to participate in an ongoing dialog of studio practice. The self-driving itinerary will take you with Marla and Cecilia to visit the three engaging and fascinating leading-edge practitioners’ studios. You will meet the artists and discover how they approach their art-making as well as experience their unique and inspiring environments where all the magic happens. A casual lunch will be enjoyed in a most unusual garden on our first stop.
- Dine poolside on the expansive lawn, overlooking the historic Wilshire Country Club, at the stunning, restored 1930’s era home of Jay Griffith, LA’s legendary landscape designer and co-founder of the Venice Design Series. Entertainment, surprises and special guests will round out an afternoon that is sure to be fun with food, family and friends.