American Cancer Society - Beach Cities Relay for Life
The Relay For Life movement offers an inspiring opportunity to honor cancer survivors, promote how individuals can reduce their cancer risk, and raise money to help end cancer.
The Beach Cities Relay For Life - Saturday, August 27th, 2022 @ Alta Vista Park in Redondo Beach California
Relay is a walkathon to increase cancer awareness while raising funds for the American Cancer Society’s patient service programs, cancer research, advocacy, and community education. Teams formed by local businesses, community groups and friends and families will be raising funds before the event. At Relay, team members take turns walking around the track, Relay-style and enjoy games, food, fun, activities, and entertainment throughout the day.
We are looking for ELT committee members to help plan the event, Team Captains & Teams, and Sponsors!
Teams: The Beach Cities Relay For Life both a festival and a walkathon to raise funds for cancer research and services those going through cancer treatment.
To sign up a team go to: www.RelayForLife.org/BeachCitiesCA
• Team Captains recruit members set fundraising goals and organize fundraising activities.
• Participants raise donations through anything from bake sales to social media posts.
• Survivors can join an existing team and use their inspiring story to raise funds.
• Opening Ceremony welcomes everyone to Relay.
• Survivors take the first celebratory lap, and then caregivers take their turn for recognition.
• Teammates take turns walking the track symbolizing the ongoing fight against cancer.